Monday, July 23, 2012

Love Baby!

CC2C #14, page 39, Guilded Kraft Glassine is where Linda has instructed us to open up Tim's book!  We can't tell you what we did with the technique, but I can tell you that I went with Reds!  This week's fabulous sponser is Linda, the Funkie Junkie, (WooHoo) and she is offering a gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I will also be link this up to Lisa's Bloggers Challenge - Die Cuts!!
After I made my GKG hearts using the movers and shapers, I mounted them on chip board.  I inked up my tag with Distress Inks, used the Love movers and shaper cut it out on the tag and then used three sizes of Spellbinders, to cut that out and also make a frame.  I also gave the tag a quick spray of Pearl Glimmer Mist.  Both the Love and Frame were painted with Rock Candy Crackle and inked.  You can't really tell, but it does have a little extra dimension.  Not sure I would add that extra step next time.  Just cut out the Love and make a frame, save the extra mounting!!  I added a clear piece of glassine behind the word cut out!  Before mounting, I stamped the crackle from one of Tim's Holiday stamp sets, in both Barn Door and Vintage Photo.  Filled in the Heart on the Key with Red Acrylic Paint.  I thought about added more and doing this and that, but then thought this would be great for a guy at Valentine's Day just as is!
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a great week and hopefully those that need sunshine will have it and those of us that need a little rain, will have that!
 

36 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am going to have to break down and get that book....very cool project...love the hearts.

1CardCreator said...

Sweet tag Terry! Love the color on the glassine too!

Chris Arlington said...

Beautiful |! you certainly have a flair for colour use too.

CuddlyBunny said...

I love your Love Baby tag! Especially the central window -- so cool!

I'll cross my fingers that some of our weather moves your way ... we've *finally* had a few days with lots of clouds and rain ... it's been a huge relief and started on my birthday: Extra bonus! :)

Sharon said...

This is fantastic - a great effect on the background!! I really need that book!!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...such a gorgeous background Terry, loVe the texture on the hearts and the super rich colour, a beautiful Tag...Mel :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag love the colours and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Really clever Terry. Your eye is really drawn to the elements you have lavished such attention on which means they don't get lost. Beautiful background too. Hugs, Buttons x

Valerie-Jael said...

Really beautiful, love the warm colours! Valerie

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful full of texture tag Terry. x

anna christensen crafts said...

I like this so much, it is very subtle - love it xx

Brenda Brown said...

LOVE this Terry, great technique and wonderful result as always.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning, I love the colours

Sue

Pam said...

Simply wonderful tag Terry!!

Anonymous said...

Terry
Have I already designated you Queen of Tags? If not then I will need to call you that from now on.
Wonderful use of colour and detail (not forgetting techniques!)
Wishes
Lynne

Carol W. said...

Super cute tag! Great technique.

Unknown said...

Oh cool Terry! Love those hearts, very very pretty indeed!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

Great tag Terry, the hearts are fabulous.
Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow Terry, your tag looks wonderful. Great use of the glassine.

Sue said...

This is a fabulous tag, I love this technique and your hearts x

Unknown said...

I just love popping in here to see what you have created. What a fabulous tag. love the background.
Well done my friend.

Hugs~

Sandra said...

Wow Terry! Love this tag. Those hearts are fabulous! Very cool effect! The background is amazing!!

Michele said...

speaking of love i totally love this! love the "love window" and all the dimensions to this piece. awesome. xo

Lynn Stevens said...

Well look at you go girl with all these lovely tags. just had a peek at what I've missed and its one awesome tag after another!
love the technique on this one!
Hugs Lynn

cheryl said...

oh Hun just love this those hearts look amazing and love the colours on this too,hugs Cheryl xxxxxx

PetraB said...

terrific tag, love the colour

Vada said...

Oh Little Lady, what a Knock Out Cool Background!!! Love the Glassine look too. My shopping list of Tim's Stuff get's longer and longer each time you post!!!
Once this hot weather breaks, It's time for a trip to Mad Town...
Stay Cool, Hugs Vada

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful tag woth very nice colors
and background.

Greetings Janny

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful tag, love the background and added hearts!Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Chris said...

Hi Terry, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Cathy L. Calamas said...

great tag. Love all that wrinkled texture!! Going to have to get that book, too.

Hettie said...

What a super tag Terry. Love the techniques and the outcome. Question is...will you be able to find it come February 14th?

Sophie said...

Herrlich!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, Fab tag, love the look of the Kraft Glassine, its on the wish list!
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

trisha too said...

Great texture, what a fun tag, Terry!

:)

Marjie Kemper said...

Awesome tag... love the way you colored the LOVE word differently than the frame. You are so clever! Tons of great texture, too. You rocked it!

Blog Archive