Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's All About Hearts!

Now I am thinking this will be my last Valentine's Day project, but I don't know!  Never have I made so many and not even sure why!  I thought I was done and then Inspiration Emporium posted about their monthly challenge, so I went over there to see what was happening!  "Put A Heart On It," is what was happening, so I thought to myself here goes another one chalked up to that little dude with a bow and arrow!  So Cupid struck me again with the love arrow!  We are also linking this up to Gingersnap Creations, "Words of Wisdom," because any sentence that has the word "Love" in it, surely is spoken in wisdom. 
For this tag I used both of Tim's Valentine stamp sets and his movers and shapers hearts, love those!!  I stamped the big "XO" with Versamark and clear embossing powder, which I am almost out of???????  After I heat set, I inked up the tag with Fired Brick, Black Soot and Vintage Photo.  Wiped off some of the excess ink from the embossed areas.  Then I stamped Tim's hearts in Fire Brick all over the tag.  I just love how subtle the background is with the hearts!!  Wiped this off.  Next I used that four letter word, "IRON" to remove the embossing.  My little Cupid was then stamped and I highlighted his bow with Spica Clear Glitter pen, cut a second Cupid, because someone does not have that die - yet!  I stamped the word defination on newsprint paper and then cut this from the movers and shapers and attached to cardstock.  This was inked with Fired Brick and shaded with Vintage Photo.  Added a couple of backing layers and that was that. 
I could not help, but to make one more shrinky dink, word stamp!  BTW, the original size of this is 5 1/4" by 4" and shrunk down to 1 3/4 x 2 1/4!   Now I have an excuse to make one more for the road!  If you did not see my post yesterday, using this word stamp and would like to, click here XOXO.

Hope whatever you do for Valentine's Day, that it is done with "Love."  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!

33 comments:

Willy said...

Wonderful artwork! Love the colours.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, love it! Great Valentine tag for that someone special!

Debbie
^..^

Beverly G said...

And with all those instructions you didn't even mention the vegetable bag you used for the tie, or am I wrong there?
Great Valentine projects, I've been watching.

Netty said...

Terrific tag Terry and loving your great background. Annette x

Jingle said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! I love it!

1CardCreator said...

Love this Terry! And I am in love with your shrinky dinks, lol.

Meggymay said...

Wonderful tag, love that little cupid.
Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful tag, Terry. Perfect for Valentine's day.

Art From The heart said...

Beautiful, love it!
Hugs

Sandra said...

Very cool! Love the XOXO stamp very much! And I'm a fan of that little cupid! LOVE his work ;)

Sharon said...

Wonderful "love" tag Terry!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Ultra cool tag Terry!!! I love the contrast of the white against the background...so cool!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Isn't that fun! ...and then I saw your 1st ATC, cute as can be....?last Valentine, lol!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab valentine tag and shrinky dink piece!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this awesome project!!! I cannot keep up with the list of stuff to get out and use or techniques to try- got the shrinky dinks out...LOL....!

Michele said...

oh don't stop! keep making 'em! this is wonderful. xo

Unknown said...

The background on this tag looks amazing.. LOVE IT!!

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

How utterly sweet is this, can't get enough of your pretty tags Terry!

Shelley said...

It's wonderful! Lol, the last Valentine you're making had me it stitches. I haven't even started yet.

cheryl said...

oh Terry You always blow me away with your tags,this is just gorgeous Hun,the detail is just brilliant hugs Cherylxxx

Marjie Kemper said...

I love your background, Terry... and I think that's really the only time one should have to use an iron. BTW someone on the Ranger yahoo group posted yesterday she has 60 pounds of embossing powder in her basement... so if you're really running low, maybe a quick flight over would help!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

So cute Terry...gorgeous colors

greetings, Alie :-)

Brenda Brown said...

This is gorgeous as always and Cupid draw back your bow - for another amazing Terry special. Yay.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sue said...

This is a beautiful tag Terry, I love those valentine stamps x

Anonymous said...

Love that there is so much for the eye to take in, colours, texture, stamping and that there is a fabulous contemporary feel to your Valentine tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Dawnll said...

This is beautiful-love the design.
Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your visit today-Erika is such a sweetie to be my guest.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Fab tag! Love how you put it together!

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous! Love thhe big XOXOX. Your shrinky dink was cute as a button! take care, gerri

Vada said...

Sorry I'm late again Terry, Wonderful Tag.
Love it.
Hugs Vada

Jan Hennings said...

beautiful grunge :)

Candy C said...

Very cute tag!! I love your background with the big Xs and Os. Your cupids are really special, too. <3 Candy

Diana said...

oh my!! so very very cool!!

Sherry said...

Another fabulous tag Terry, and we can't have too many Valentine projects can we! x

Blog Archive