Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grungy Monday's Wearable Art Lesson!

Was I excited that Linda was actually extending this another week, so hear I am with GM#37.  I could not for the life of me decide what I wanted to do with "Tim" and wearable art.  I looked at shirts and the pocket watchy thing and then looked around some more to the point where I just thought, "forget it."  Then when you are ready to throw in the towel and before even beginning, Linda extends the challenge and if I did not see the most amazing piece of wearable art from Sarah of La-De-Dah and if you have not seen her altered shoe, go have a look - REALLY.  I then remembered an old leather purse that I had planned on doing something with along the line as it was one of my favorites, but too shabby to use any longer.  Well here goes and this was as my blog states, "A Work In Progress."
Used a couple of Distress Inks and applied inks with a makeup applicator and then randomly ran the ink pads over the purse.  After all this old bad (the purse) is distressed.  After that was done, I rubbed in some old fashioned Vaseline and then kind of buffed.  Right there I really liked the look, but thought I needed to do more.  Pulled out some Perfect Pearls and applied several colors working them into the leather and then buffed a little more.  The purse now has such a lovely iridescent look, but subtle!  Picked out a few of Tim's stamps and then added a little I Rock bling.  Well now the old bag can carry her old bag in style! 
THIS MONDAY, I WILL BE CELEBRATING MY TWO YEAR BLOGAVERSARY WITH A REALLY NICE GIVEAWAY TO ONE OF MY FOLLOWERS.  IT JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE MY 29TH YEAR WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, SO IT IS A CELEBRATION ALL THE WAY AROUND.   STOP BY ON MARCH 5TH!!!

Thank you so much for visiting me and taking the time to comment.  You are truly appreciated.

41 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow this is so cool and one of a kind for sure. Love it
Marilyn

Vicki Romaine said...

A specialty prize is your handbag. Great job and congratulations. In June I will be celebrating 50!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun idea- I can imagine looking all over the house to stamp on something! I bet this looks awesome IRL. Congrats on your blog-versary and your Anniversary!

Jane Wetzel said...

this is just so darn cool! tfs

Ali Manning said...

What an amazing project - who knew you could stamp on this surface!!!

1CardCreator said...

Wow this is awesome Terry! You did a totally awesome job of remaking this purse!

Marjie Kemper said...

Terry, I love it! You were so brave to alter your 'real' purse. Rock ON, girl!

Michele said...

bowl me over Terry! this is nothing short of fabulous! i wonder if i've got the guts to try this on an old purse of mine? may as well as i don't use it in its current state. oh i am inspired! xo

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Terry, Thats amazing. Who would ahve ever thought to use distress inks and perfect pearls. Brillant GF. I love what you've done on that purse!
Congrats on your upcoming two year blogaversary. Gosh has it really been that long? Boy time sure does fly!
Also congrats on your Anniversary of wedded bliss.
P.s. Your not an old bag! LOL
Hugs Lynn

Carol W. said...

What a great way to make something new. Congratulations on your 29th year! and Congrats on your blogaversary! What a special month March will be.

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun how brilliant is this gosh you are so clever Hun it really looks amazing hugs Cherylxxxx

Unknown said...

Wow ....what a fab way to change something old into something beautiful.
Hugs Elaine

Sandra said...

How much fun did you have stamping your handbag?! Love it!
It got me thinking... Thanks for the inspiration!

Meggymay said...

Wow, that's a great idea to stamp on the leather. Looks fabulous.
Yvonne x

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh wow! That purse is fabulous!!

Sharon said...

wow this is fantastic - how clever!! Looks amazing!!

Pam said...

Very cool Terry! Perfect way to alter a purse! And I checked out the shoe too-simply amazing!

Vada said...

Congrats on both Anniversary's. We'll see on the 5th of March.
Love the old bag!!
Hugs Vada

Vada said...

Congrats on both Anniversary's. We'll see on the 5th of March.
Love the old bag!!
Hugs Vada

Shelley said...

Lovely! Nothing like getting an old friend back in your life (I mean the purse, they are like old friends). I would never have thought of doing that! Thanks for the inspriation Terry and for the link to the shoe!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the most fun to search around the house for items to alter. Such a cool handbag (oops, sorry that should read purse).
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, such a fantastic project.

Alexa said...

Very inspirational idea - the old bag rocks!!

Kim said...

Love the bag..... Congrats on your 2 years!

Unknown said...

How creative. I just love it! Congrats on you Blogversary..

Hugs, Linda

Lisa said...

What a fun bag! And Congratulations on your blogaversary and Anniversary!
I'm so behind, but hopefully this will be our last trip outta town for a while. We're taking Cody on a college visit...in KY! Woo hoo. =)

Sherry said...

Your old bag looks new and shiny and fab!!! Great job Terry x

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, what a great idea ... and it looks fabulous, too!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing! You will be so proud to wear this on your arm! This would be worth a lot of money (how do I know this, I am pricing up lost handbags for the insurance!),

Lucy x

Unknown said...

You talented girl! You just know how to create something special with all kinds of materials, don't you? Your handbag is fabulous! Your stamping makes it all the more special!!

Netty said...

So clever Terry and so special. x

Brenda Brown said...

Just brilliant Terry, such a great way to alter a handbag and of course the best stamps ever. Lots to celebrate this year like us. Enjoy.
Hope all is well with you and hubbie.
hugs {brenda} xox

Jan Hennings said...

love the stamping on your purse!

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Very nice! Who would have thought. Kudos!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love this Terry! What an awesome handbag! Your stamping is so clean too!

Thanks for the good conversation tonight too! :) Needed it! xoxo

Krisha said...

Awsome bag!!!

Ann said...

what a great idea!!
love it!

Maria said...

Hi Terry! Thank you so much for the kind comments on my blog! How clever to distress a handbag, love it!! You could have your own line of these, considering all the possibilities ... oh my!! Great job and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Christine said...

Oh, I love your purse! You are so clever!

toni said...

What a great idea, your bag has a new lease of life your stamping is subtle with great choice of stamps, this makes it really wearable x

Gez Butterworth said...

OOOh! What a smart bag! What a clever idea.. I will look at new bags now with different eyes ;-)

Blog Archive