Monday, July 12, 2010

GC60: Color Challenge - Shades of Blue

While I was working on the "Shades of Blue" challenge at Gingersnap Creations, I realized I have not done "Fairies." Oh well! Ever since I bought this lovely "Alice" stamp from Scrolls Work, I have so wanted to use it. When I was trying to come up with something for the "Shades of Blue," Alice just kept popping into my mind! I was not sure how to keep it as blue as possible, but I think I kept her pretty in blue! I will tell you that I actually masked off all the critters and Alice to keep the background blue from bleeding in. I also decided to present her in a couple of ways! Since I did three of these delightful images, I have a third to figure out what to do with!
Along with the Scrolls Work stamp, I also used one of Tim Holtz new embossing folders, alcohol inks, and a brand new punch I just bought a Michael's for $6.99! Did that come in handy or what to go with Alice's flying cards? The embossing of the little cut-outs was quite a job!  Here is a close-up shot of Alice.  Notice the pink eye I gave the rabbit!
As always I appreciate your stopping by and visiting my blog and commenting! Have a most wonderful evening!

28 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Wonderful coloring, that punch is just perfect for the Alice images.

2amscrapper said...

Love what you created for Alice in blue.

wwilloww said...

I love both the card and the tag and can't wait to see what you do with the third one!!! Great punch for Alice in Wonderland!!!

slbt17 said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.
I have longed admired the Alice in Wonderland stamps - there are so many out there, I am trying to decide which one to invest in! Now I add another to my list!
Sandra

Christine said...

Oh, these are beautiful! It reminds me that I need to get started on some AIW stuff for my sis' birthday!!! I'll just take a look at your blog for ideas!!!

xx

Michele said...

masterfully done Terry. and i suspect it is alice's blue pinafore that got you going on the blue. excellent entry!

Jan Hennings said...

Terry,
Love your Alice card and what a deal on that punch!!

Jingle said...

These are fantastic!

Shelley said...

These are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those are teriffic Terry! Are you trying out for the scroolswork DT? These are great, you showcased the stamps well!

Lynn Stevens said...

Great work Terry, really showcases the stamps!

Daniele said...

what a great blog thank you for the lovely comment you left me with regards my entry for the Gingersnap creations challenge much appreciated
best wishes from Daniele

Netty said...

ooooh am loving them, they are all fab. Annette x

Chrissy D said...

Terry, this is gorgeous - I love the blues and your watercoloring!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful! Love the colors.
You stay cool too....
many hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Terry! I love that Alice stamp, & the punch is brilliant!

Mosaic Magpie said...

You did a wonderful job! If you did this you could make an ATC, This is Debbie, Wendy and I are starting the Blissful ATC Swap. Please, think about joining us. Making a tag is not much different than making an ATC. Think of all the fun it will be to recieve them in the mail!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely and I love the Alice and how you have coloured her in you could also enter it for GSC markers as you forgot the Faires it lovely

Love DAwn xx

Tracey said...

These are stunning, I love Alice in Wonderland :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Karin said...

Wow, just fantastic use of those stamps! Love it :)

Jacque Heaton said...

Wow Terry you have out done yourself! Beautiful job!
Jacque

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous shades of blue....very vintage and gorgeous...have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Hi Terry had to pop back after your comment on my blog YOU HAVE ALL TIMS DIES so green lol look fwd to popping by again xxx

Sugar Lump Studios said...

love the gorgeous stamps and shades of blue you used on your projects. They look like painting's! beautiful work! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

joanne wardle said...

gorgeus, it's a great immage isn't it?

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

These are all fantastic. Wonderful for the Gingersnaps Creations colour challenge. Thank you for joining us this month.

Jann said...

I love these! They're beautiful--I especially love how you used the blue theme!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing the Gingersnaps Color Challenge!

Blog Archive