Friday, June 4, 2010

GC56: Color Challenge - Burgundy, Ivory & Black



I needed a card for a graduation tomorrow and this is what I came up with. I used the Cuttlebug Highlights from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. Since Gingersnap Creations is also having a Burgundy, Ivory and Black challenge and her school colors are Burgundy and Gold, I tackled two birds with one stone. I cut out the cap using Bravo Burgundy paper from SU, highlighted the embossed area with gold. The diploma was cut from a scratch pad, sprayed with Glimmer Mist Gold and I shaded the edges with Bravo Burgundy SU ink and tied it with some gold thread. The Ivory envelop was sprayed with the Gold Glimmer Mist, flourish stamp and Alphabet/Number die is Tim Holtz.

Thanks for looking and have a delightful weekend!

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful graduation card, love the colors.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just terrific GF! We work so well together!

wwilloww said...

Great card!! I am sure Carrie is going to LOVE it!!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

I love the elegant look of the font and colors, nice!

2amscrapper said...

how perfect!

Lynn Stevens said...

Well look how many comments you have now!!!! check my blog .I have a little something for you!
hugs Lynn

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is LOVELY! Thank you for stopping by my blog today and commenting! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

What a great way to use the CB EF I just saw some one else use a EF to create texture I also have this one and I love the way you have used this to create a fab card

Love Dawn xx

Michele said...

wonderful card! xo michele

Ali Manning said...

A perfect color combo for a graduation card - thanks for joining us Gingersnap creations!

Michele said...

hooray Terry! it's a great card and we got to be ginger gems together!

Blog Archive